Information on cookies and their uses
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are installed on your computer when you visit our website.
2. Purpose of cookies
- a. Remember your browsing preferences such as your language, font size, page layout or favourite colours. This allows you to browse our website faster and easier.
- b. Collect analytical information, for example, to count the number of visitors to our website and identify the pages of our website which you visit most frequently. We use analytical data to improve our website.
- c. Gather information that can help us deliver pages specific to your interests.
- d. Understand if our visitors adapt easily to changes we may make to our website.
4. Information collected using cookies
Cookies help us gather information about how you use our website, but we do not store personally identifiable information about you in our cookies data. We only store a unique session ID which helps us retrieve a user profile and your preferences on your next visit to our website.
5. Types of cookies
- a. Analytics cookies - These cookies are stored on your computer to produce anonymous statistics every time you visit our website. They are stored for 13 months on your computer. They allow us to collect statistics and volumes of traffic and use of various components of this website (sections and contents visited, click stream), allowing us to improve the value and usability of our services;
- b. Persistent cookies - These cookies remain 13 months on your computer. Persistent cookies help us recognize you when we need to know who you are to adapt the presentation of our website to your computer's display preferences (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visits to our website, depending on your computer’s viewing and playback hardware and software.
6. Managing cookies
When browsing our website, information may be stored, or read, on your computer, subject to your choices.
If you wish to configure your preferences depending on the browser you use:
The menu of most browsers contains options that allow you to manage your cookies by adjusting or configuring your cookies settings. Typically, your browser allows you to:
- view your cookies;
- allow cookies;
- disable all cookies, or only specific cookies;
- disable all cookies when you close your browser;
- block cookies;
- receive notifications when you receive a cookie.
Please note that if you choose to block our cookies, some of the functional features of our website will be disabled and your browsing experience may also be impacted. If you set your browser options to delete all cookies, your browsing preferences will be deleted when you close your browser.
Below is the Help menu on some browsers, which will tell you how to change your cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Safari™: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20...
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html