How to take part in the co-building of DSO local flexibility?
What is a Flexibility?
A flexibility is a modulation of one’s consumption or generation pattern (either upward or downward) during a defined time period and in response to an external signal, in order to provide a service to the power system, for instance to solve a grid’s constraint. The service might be in terms of active as well as reactive power.
Enedis tests flexibility services as a new lever to optimize its distribution grid in addition to traditional levers. Due to the specificity of the constraints on the distribution grid, located in limited geographical areas, flexibility location is crucial for it to be of use to the DSO, making it a “local” flexibility.
Reflex aims at integrating flexibility services in the planning methods used to connect new Renewable Energy Sources to Enedis’ network. It could save up to 250 M€ in 2035.
The Project will be implemented in the Landes and Picardie.
In these two areas, if you are connected or plan to connect an asset to the distribution grid, you can participate to the requests for interest published by Enedis on https://flexibilites-enedis.fr (in French).
Market-based procurement of flexibility services
Enedis published reports that detail the market based procurement of local flexibility services to optimize distribution network planning and operation:
- To detail Enedis use cases for flexibility services - Flexibilities to enhance the Energy Transition and the performance of the Distribution Network (PDF - 5,22 Mo)
- To detail how Enedis will embed flexibility services in its network planning methods - Roadmap for the transformation of network planning methods and the integration of flexibilities (PDF - 3,47 Mo)
Call for tenders
You can find here the local areas where Enedis launched call for tenders : https://flexibilites-enedis.fr (in French).
Enedis launched call for tenders on 3 local areas in March 2021:
- Consultation RFQ 2101 : Fourmanoir (.zip - 2.6 Mb - in French)
- Consultation RFQ 2102 : Flex Boucles de Marne (.zip - 2.6 Mb - in French)
- Consultation RFQ 2103 : Paris Breteuil (.zip - 2.6 Mb - in French)
Find here the results of the call for tenders in 2021:
Enedis launched its first call for tenders in June 2020. 5 local areas were targeted.
- Consultation RFQ 2001 : Flex Mountain (.zip - 2.6 Mb - in French)
- Consultation RFQ 2002 : Fourmanoir (.zip - 2.6 Mb - in French)
- Consultation RFQ 2003 : Moussac (.zip - 2.6 Mb - in French)
- Consultation RFQ 2004 : Paris Breteuil (.zip - 2.6 Mb - in French)
- Consultation RFQ 2005 : Houat & Hoëdic (.zip - 2.8 Mb - in French)
Following the offers submitted by the market participants, Enedis signed two contracts for flexibility services in the area of Flex Mountain.